9 Items for Sheathing Process Sequence
- In the exterior sheathing application, after the surface to be thermally insulated is cleaned, first of all, sub- basement profiles are placed on the lower level of the ground floor slab to ensure that the thermal insulation boards are aligned horizontally. Heaps of glue are applied along the edges and at 5 points on the corrugated surface of the EPS Styrofoam thermal insulation boards , if any. Thus, a full adhesion to the surface is ensured from every point.
- If the edges of thermal insulation materials are overlapped, the overlap is placed on the sub- basement profiles and adhered to the wall surfaces. The sheathing materials to be applied must be staggered and adhered in balance.
- The mortars overflowing from the boards are cleaned and thermal bridge formations are prevented at these points. Drilling operation for the doweling process is carried out at least 24 hours after the bonding in order not to disturb the balance of the boards.
- With PVC dowels, 6 dowels per m2 are done in the following way. Doweling should be done one at the corners of the sheathing boards and two in the middle, and the junction points of the boards should be preferred.
- The plaster mesh is fixed by superimposing 10 cm horizontally and vertically on the joints. The plaster mesh to be used must weigh at least 140 gr/m2.
- The first layer of plaster is applied with a trowel, with a consumption of 1.7 kg/m2/mm, so that the mesh is completely covered with plaster. The first layer of plaster should be thicker than the second layer of plaster.
- Corner profiles are placed on window edges and corners. Thus, both the reinforcement of the corners that are likely to be exposed to impacts and the locking of the plaster mesh are provided.
- The second layer of plaster is applied on the first layer of plaster reinforced with plaster mesh in such a way that a smooth surface is obtained.
- The application is completed with the final coating. It is recommended to use an acrylic-based and textured exterior coating for insulation, as the coating increases resistance to external impacts.